Restaurant & Bar
Downwind Sup Week @ Matanivusi
September 20th - 27th 2016
Join Mick di Beta, winner and record holder for the Molokai to Oahu Paddleboard race. He's coach to the worlds elite paddlers, figurehead and founder of Lahui Kai Paddleboards and a professional lifeguard at Burleigh Heads (Australia). He will host a limited number of SUP enthusiasts @ Matanivusi Resort Fiji, September 2oth - 27th.
Book now to be part of this special group
Accommodation – beachfront rooms, metres from the water with King size beds, ensuite and private deck.
Meals – amazing meals using local & imported ingredients. 3 course evening meal; sunset snacks; able to cater to special dietary needs
SUP Board (12’6 Lahui Kai Mantas supplied)
Use of Boats
1 complimentary Yoga class per day (private lessons available)
Surfing & Local Fishing
Village visits & Kava Ceremony
Here's the programme:-
- Paddling technique session using the paddlepowertrainer training device (PPT). Dry land session.
– Paddling technique session on the calm waters inside the beautiful Vunaniu Reef in front of Matanivusi Resort. Depending on conditions, we have many choices of paddling on calm water inside the Reef or in the local river, to focus on paddling technique. We have the option of paddling off the beach in front of the Resort or the boats can take us into Vunaniu Bay, out of any wind.
- Review the Paddling technique session from day one - photos and videos. Use PPTs to reinforce paddling technique and gain valuable muscle memory to take into the afternoon paddling session.
- Downwind Paddling
We have downwind paddling courses for all levels of paddling ability, inside and outside Vunaniu Reef. A boat will drop you at your chosen site (distance) and remain with you for your paddle back to the Resort.
We have selected 10 km as the maximum distance inside and outside of Vunaniu Reef but have excellent Downwind paddling conditions (World class) of up to 20 km with the Local Trade Winds in this area. We will paddle past 5 great surf breaks 3 of which are World class.
– SUP paddle stretching session with Matanivusi Yoga instructor.
– Downwind paddling! So many runs and beautiful places to explore. Our Resort boats will take us up wind, inside the Vunaniu Reef in comfort and escort all paddlers back to Resort. We will encourage all paddlers to try a different course each time.
– Choose to wind down - explore the beautiful river for a cruising paddle, surf, snorkel, fish or just relax at the resort. You will have the full run of Resort activities and we encourage everyone to take a look around our beautiful area.
– Downwind Time trial paddle, inside Vunaniu Reef on the 10 km or 5 km course. Our Resort boats will take us up wind, inside the Vunaniu Reef in comfort and escort all paddlers back to Resort. We will use the Time Trial times to set our Handicap Down wind paddle on Day 5.
– Review paddling session photos and video from Day 4. PPT technique session. Use PPTs to reinforce paddling technique before the afternoon’s paddling session.
– Handicap downwind paddle back to Matanivusi Resort – winners takes all!!
Downwind paddle inside Vunaniu Reef on a 10 km or 5 km course. Our Resort boats will take us up wind, inside the Vunaniu Reef in comfort and escort all paddlers back to Resort. Each paddler can choose to take on the 5 km or 10 km course and the starting times will be handicapped so that all paddlers finish close to each other.
Every night whilst relaxing by the pool, having a drink at the bar and enjoying your scrumptious 3-course meal, you will be able to view photos of the day’s paddling and other adventures and have an open forum on anything paddling/training related eg. nutrition, equipment, training, racing, etc.
NUMBERS ARE LIMITED!
Inquire About Yoga Retreat
Inquire About Booking A Wedding
Inquire About Booking a Diving Trip